Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Twittering/Facebooking of America

I'm paid to be clever. That's how I feed my family. So why squander my wit on Twitter? Why give up the groceries for free on Facebook? I do it to stay connected with old friends. So a guy I haven't seen in five years--who now lives in Ohio--can tell me I made him laugh. But the pressure is incredible. Artie Megibben is... what? I can't just say, "I'm ordering a coffee at Starbucks." After all, I'm a Creative Director. I have to say something cute. Right? And so I do. But I don't get a nickel for it--just friends who I make smile.

Of course, there are other reasons some one might send a tweet or update a Facebook wall. It can actually improve the organic rankings of your company's Web site. How awesome is that? I know! You see, we have special knowledge of cool stuff like that at Agency Creative. We are into Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Web 2.0. We know how to raise your rankings with Google and Yahoo. We know how to sneak hardworking keywords into your Web content and how to streamline your nav menu to make it more intuitive. It's sort of secret Ninja knowledge that we would love to share with you face-to-face. Or Facebook-to-Facebook. Whatever works for you. Now, excuse me while I think of something clever to tweet.

No comments: